Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Our first couple years...

I'm an extremely open person.  So I want to warn you ahead a time of the details in this blog. :)  Motherhood has rocked and changed my world in ways I could have never guessed.  Here is our story...

Before Will and I were married I knew that I had PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome).  Where my ovaries have cysts all over them. I also have endometriosis I knew this because of painful and inconsistent menstrual cycles while growing up.

Will and I were married in June of 2005.  We lived in a town home in El Paso IL while Willy worked part time at Service Masters and went to OSF College of Nursing.  I worked full time at Stoller International in Pontiac as a Service Writer and personal assistant to my dad.

In March of '07 we were shocked to find out I was pregnant! We weren't trying with Willy still in school but I couldn't take birth control due to severe migraines.  We lost that baby as quickly as we found out we were pregnant due to miscarriage.


In June of the same year I had a cyst on one of my ovaries burst and had to go into immediate surgery.  We were told we could start to try for a baby right away.  Well to our delight we got pregnant right away!  While on vacation with my family in Washington D.C. we found out that my numbers were dropping and the pregnancy would end in another loss.  We did lots of tests and found I had a clotting disorder.  My blood would clot and cut off blood to the baby.  I started a new medicine and we started trying to get pregnant again.  I went through three rounds of Clomid and nothing was happening. December of 2007 Will graduated from Nursing school and started at OSF on the Open Heart Surgery team.  I finally got pregnant "naturally" and boy we were delighted!!  The week before my wonderful little sister Natalie married the man of her dreams in January I once again lost my baby.  I couldn't wrap my mind around why God didn't want this for us?!  We both wanted kids so bad and never imagined loosing three babies in a row.



In February I was started on Femara.  This is a drug that would stimulate my ovaries to produce more follicles which in turn would release my eggs.  I got pregnant once again and tried to stand on my head until I saw that amazing little heart beat!  Well we saw it, and it's never stopped!  We moved to Washington in March of 2008 so Will could be closer to work for his on call schedule.  I commuted to Pontiac for work until November when I had our precious baby boy Trace William.

Trace was my dream, he was everything I could have ever hoped for!  He was an amazing baby and having lost three babies before him made me love him even more than I could have ever imagined!  He was fulfilling my dreams of being a mom full time and wife to Willy.  I had so much fun going to Gridley on a weekly basis to hang out with my mom and Candice.  Candice had Carson three weeks after Trace was born so we always had a lot of fun getting those little boys together.



In June of 2009 I hadn't started my period and was getting close to being a little over a week past when I should have.  I was at Candice's and she suggested I take a pregnancy test.  WHAT?!?! Well she insisted so she went to get one.  I went into the bathroom and waited. And waited...  Then what did it come back as? POSITIVE!! TWO LINES!!  I hadn't started my medicines to sustain a pregnancy!  How in the world am I going to hold onto this baby?!?!  My mind was whirling as I drove home that day to tell Will.  It was later in the evening when Candice called me laughing so hard  she could barely breathe! It took her several minutes to finally get out what she had to tell me.  She had given me an ovulation test instead of a pregnancy test!  Good grief I could have punched her through the phone!!  Many laughs were had and we still enjoy a good chuckle when remembering the scary/funny day.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world & thanks for sharing...we will be prayerful in this process & anxious to read about your journey!

    ReplyDelete