Monday, January 13, 2014

Beginning 2014


I think this saying pretty much summarizes all my feelings for infertility.  How could I want to give up on something that I know I have done before?  I know I can physically do it its just getting there that's the problem.  Then staying that way.  So we made the decision.  Maybe God will bless us with another biological child in a few years but at this time we need to stop trying.  The medicines, the hormones, the injections have to come to an end.  I was sad but at the same time so relieved!

Will and I still feel like God isn't quite finished with our family yet.  We went back to our feelings of the possible adoption in December.  We both felt really good about how God was directing us towards that.  Even though that didn't work out we knew we should pursue another adoption.

The next day I got on Facebook to write a post on a group page I'm a part of.  The group is an amazing collection of local young moms who have either fostered or adopted.  I posted where we were in our journey and asked if anyone had an adoption agency they liked.  OH MY!!  God opened the gates wide open!!  Within a few hours I had talked with many moms who had adopted and were very encouraging.  They also gave me contact information for an agency they loved.  Even the consultants name they recommended.  Within 30 minutes of that I was talking to the consultant over private message on Facebook and she had sent me all the information we need to get started.

My parents always talked to us girls growing up about Gideon's fleece and how he used it to decifer God's will through it. They would put our their "fleece" for things and show us girls how God spoke to them through it. We have done that throughout our marriage and this time wouldn't be any different.  My fleece for this agency and consultant would be that Will was completely open and willing to go ahead with the adoption process.  He has always been somewhat hesitant with foster kids and the thought of adoption along with the cost.  (Which is a great thing because if it wasn't for him I would literally take in any child I ever saw!!)  When I approached him that evening with everything the consultant had told me he was completely open to it and excited to pursue it!  (That's a God thing folks! He's usually a "lets think and pray about this more" kind of guy!)  The next day I spent 45 minutes on the phone with the agency asking questions.  We knew we wanted a domestic baby since we feel the need is so great here in the states.  Dawn (consultant's name) and her husband have been adoption consultants for years and have adopted 9 times domestically.

The next week I called someone to do our home study for us since you need a separate one for foster care and adoption.  Weird!  She was super excited and we made an appointment over the phone for the following week.  That's where we are currently.  I'm working on getting 80-100 photos together for Dawns husband to make our profile book for us for birth moms to look through.  So prayers would be greatly appreciated for this season of our life.  We know this is where God wants us and are excited to where this could lead.


4 comments:

  1. Soooo exciting!!! And love the hallway phrase!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your phrases! They fit perfectly!! Thanks for sharing with the world!! Enjoy and find JOY in the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say that I LOVE this post?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Hollers, such an emotional journey. I was in tears and now just feel like shouting for you and then tears again! Thank you for being so frank with your emotions. I can't even imagine what you have been going through. God is faithful even when we don't understand. Some little buddy will be so lucky to have all your love. Praying for you guys! You are going to have quite the welcoming party when you get to Heaven!!

    ReplyDelete