Saturday, January 11, 2014

2013 happenings

In December of 2012 I was told I need to take a break on the medicines to give my body a rest.  So we tried again with strong medicines in February 2013 but we tried naturally (no IUI).  We didn't get pregnant so they decided to do a Laporoscopy to see if there was anything blocking one of my tubes.

During all of this glorious medicines and doctor appointments Jimmy (foster baby) had had 6 ear infections and one toe infection. He was on antibiotics for about 4 months straight.  He cried a lot due to all of the pain he was in so he got tubes in his ears in the middle of March.

Surgery was scheduled for me at the end of March.  They flushed out my tubes and clean up some endometriosis.  All in all they didn't see anything that would prevent me from getting pregnant or keep me from staying pregnant.  My wonderful mom kept all three kids for 4 days straight since I wasn't supposed to be up and about for a few days.  I had to take a month off trying to get pregnant again because of the surgery.

At my Post Op appointment in April my OB/GYN decided that he wanted to try a cervical cap on me.  (Google what that is if you aren't sure so I don't have to describe it to you. :)) In addition to the cap they wanted to double some of my doses of medicines to help with getting pregnant.  Have I mentioned what these medicines do to me?  They make me irritable, moody and very very hungry all the time.  So doubling them was just a dream come true!! (insert Stoller sarcasm!)

I left the office that day in tears knowing what would have to happen...  Jimmy would have to transfer foster homes.  He was just too big for me to carry around and care for on all these medicines.  If I was to actually get pregnant and stay that way I wouldn't be able to lift him either.  I'm on a 15 lb weight limit for my first trimester since I'm high risk.  My sweet "little" Jimmy was around 22 lbs of pure love.  He was 11 months so he wasn't walking yet and I knew I wouldn't be able to do it physically or mentally.


Isn't he just about the most precious thing ever?  In early May he went to a very loving family that had been fostering for over 15 years. I was glad he went to a good place but it still makes me so sad to think about! My kids talk about Jimmy almost every day still.  It's been 8 months since he left and when we draw family pictures they always add Jimmy!  I'm still in communication with his parents so we get lots of pictures of him.  He will be going home to them real soon!  We would have kept him forever if it was up to us!  We love our Jimmy John so very much!!


The middle of May rolls around they used the "cap" on me and it stays on for 12 hours then I can take it off at home.  Two weeks later I was pregnant!!  WHAT?!?!  Couldn't believe this "cap" thing had worked!!  PLUS, I had found out that our close friends were also pregnant and we were due 1 day apart!  How fun is that?

In early June my sweet Grandma Nussbaum went to meet Jesus.  My doctor actually called me during the visitation to tell me my numbers were high and climbing! Blood work every other day and then my numbers dropped.  I received the phone call from my doctor two days after we had told our friends we were due together.

I remember sitting at my kitchen table after I got off the phone.  Tears rolling down my face I pictured my Grandma Nussbaum receiving our sweet tiny baby wrapped in a little blanket.  Oh how she loved babies!  She was probably just getting used to Heaven and Jesus came up with a rocking chair and a baby.  He might have sweetly looked at my little grandma and said, "Will and Holly sent you someone to hold for them!"  Knowing my grandma she would have quickly sat down in the rocking chair, eagerly taken our baby, started rocking and started singing her favorite hymns.

Preferences
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
Return
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
English
alt
alt
Preferences

2 comments:

  1. Tears, tears as I envision Grandma holding that sweet baby!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Candice, it's such a sad happy thought!

      Delete