Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Growing our family

Will came from a family of 7 children and I came from a family of 4.  So we knew we wanted more kids than just our precious little miracle boy Trace.   I longed for more babies.  My dreams consisted of having at least 3 or 4 running around the house.  I wanted it all.  The messes, the crazy and the chaos!  I knew that would be some what limited when you only have one child but did we want to risk it all again?  The spiritual, emotional and physical toll was enough for me to want to go crazy with the thought.  How could I go through that with a baby on my hip?

(Step back a moment with me) After our second miscarriage in July of '07 I wondered if we would ever be able to have our own children.  I had always had a heart for foster care and wanted to pursue it.  Willy of course being the man he is said that was great but we need to try harder for our own first.  Well after that third miscarriage he told me he couldn't stand to have me go through that again so lets start PRIDE classes.  I hesitantly but eagerly started to search out information on it.  I was worried that if we started these classes did that mean we were done trying for ourselves?  Would I never feel a baby inside me or have the opportunity to give birth?  The next month worked as you know and we call him Trace :) so we put off the classes for awhile.  In October of 2009 we decided to get our license just so we had it in case we ever needed it.

Well in December of 2009 we felt like we should start trying to get pregnant again.  We didn't mess around this time! (ahem...)  My doctor's nurse practitioner had worked with another infertility doctor for many years so she knew her stuff. (ahem...)  I started out all on the right meds and had an IUI (intrauterine insemination) on my first cycle.  I didn't get pregnant.  We tried again the next month with again the same meds and an IUI.  That was it!!  Pregnant on the second try and I my numbers just kept climbing!!  We couldn't believe it.  It seemed so easy... like many other people who got pregnant so quickly.  (not an IUI but couples who tried and them BOOM, it happens)  In December of 2010 our precious little PresleyBeth was born.  She was so cute and had daddy wrapped around her finger the moment he held her. (He had the privilege of delivering her, so rather fast you could say!) Trace was in love the moment he saw her.  He has been her best friend and worst enemy since the day she was born.  They have a great relationship and we love to watch it grow!


1 comment: