Saturday, September 6, 2014

Update

Sorry for the long pause on the blog.  Our life has changed quite a bit since we added a third child into the mix. It's been an amazingly positive change though and we wouldn't change it for the world!!

I would like to add a couple things in about the birth mom and her family.  Her boyfriend and her have three older boys that are parenting together. They are 8, 5 and 3.  They are so sweet and adorable.  They named their little brother Cameron while their mom was still pregnant with him. Once they found out what we were naming him they called him "baby Cameron Bentley".  I love how much they loved him even though they never got the privilege to meet him.  The birth mom didn't want them to come up to the hospital in fear they would make her sway from her decision.  We knew it was a God thing she had picked us but then we found out some similarities that made it even more apparent God was in control.  First off when the birth mom and dad were naming their youngest son 3 years ago they couldn't decide between Bentley or Drayton!!  They choose Drayton and were thrilled we choose Bentley!  Second, her sisters name was Candy and my sister as you may know is Candice. Third, when I miscarried my last baby in August is the exact same time when Ashley was conceiving our dearest Bentley.  It's so crazy cool how God works!! I love how he has his hands in this adoption.

When A signed the consent papers she did everything correct.  Two weeks after papers were signed ICPC came back and said they wanted a more detailed consent to be signed by the birth mom.  Our lawyer was very against dragging her back through the mud by making her sign again but they had to.  A had took some time off to go stay with some family because she said she was in a very hard spot emotionally. Well they were never able to get ahold of her so we had to find "guardians" for Bentley. This was in case Will and I decided to back out of the adoption someone would be held responsible for him besides her lawyer.  It couldn't be family so we turned to someone who would love him as much as we did. (Even though we knew we would never back out of the adoption) Brian and Alison Sutter are Bentley's guardians until the adoption is finalized. They exception without hesitation just as we knew they would.  They had to get papers notarized and talk to my lawyer several times on the phone but never once acted like it was a big deal.  What can I say? They are some really great friends! Although I think Alison is trying to sabotage the adoption so she gets my delicious baby! ;)

A told me when we were in the hospital that her dad had given her money months ago to get an abortion.  She kept saying how lucky she was that she found us and she hadn't gotten one.  As I stare at Bentley while I'm up with him in the middle of the night I can't help to think how we are the lucky ones. We are the blessed parents who get to give him the life God created for him.  I'm so thankful she didn't choose to abort my precious precious baby.  We are forever grateful to the most selfless woman we will ever know.  Bentley's birth mom is on my mind almost daily and will forever be in our prayers.

Thank you for all our love and support through all of this!!






1 comment: